Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tips and Tricks For the Holiday Season...

Yea, that time has finally come, the excuse to pack on the glitter!!

 
Christmas is upon us and what best way to celebrate than to change up your makeup for the Christmas season. Don't worry ladies, I`m not telling you to look like a Christmas tree (ha ha).

There are so many different ways to spice up your makeup for the Christmas season, depending on your wants and needs. Whether you are more of a adventurist with your makeup or you prefer the classic elegant touch I have tips for all of you.

These are some of my favorite Christmas products:

1. GLITTER LINER

This is by far my absolute favorite product. I pull this out every Christmas. I purchased my Glitter Eyeliner in MAC cosmetics a few years back and unfortunately it was a limited edition, meaning I cant find another. I checked on MAC cosmetics but they haven't brought it back out again BUT I have gone on search and have found very similar products, such as the


Heavy Metal - Glitter Eyeliner by URBAN DECAY - $18





This product is extremely versatile. My favorite way to use it is to use it purely as a eyeliner. I firstly apply my black eyeliner on the eyelid, in a thick wing (check out my previous post). Then apply over the black liner my glitter eyeliner. The reason I use the black liner first is because it makes the look a lot more dramatic, if i was to apply the glitter liner without the black eyeliner the look would become very subtle and wouldn't stand out.


You can also use the Glitter eyeliner over the entire lid over eyeshadow. Be careful with this method as glitter eyeliner has a tendency to crack, therefore make sure you apply a thin layer and also do not apply the liner into the crease as again may crack. My favorite tones for this are the transparent high shimmer glitters in both gold and silver.




2. GLITTER PIGMENTS

Love, love, love the glitter pigments, again these are very versatile. Because pigments are dry, they can be mixed with practically anything!!!
The key to using the pigments on the eyes is to use a wet base to allow the glitter pigments to set (you don't want them falling on your cheeks all night, making you look like a disco ball).

My all time favorite is MAC Cosmetics Glitter Pigment - $21.

Firstly I personally apply a thin layer of  MAC`s paint over the eyelid. I then grab my MAC glitter Pigment.

I use this products very sparingly because the pigments are very intense, therefore you do not need alot of product. Plus I find the more you use the messier it can get.
I apply this product with a flat brush, so it can hold onto the pigment and so it can build the product.


I would advise you not to apply this product into the crease, just over the lid.
You can apply eyeshadow to the crease for a really smokey effect.

 
 
 
 
 
 
3. RED LIPS
 
You cant get more festive than the beautiful red lip look. This look can spice up any makeup. It can be used extremely subtle too or very dramatic. I'm a true believer that anyone can wear Red lipstick.
My favorite product is the;


Always remember the lip liner, it will stop the lips bleeding and have great lasting power. For my Guide to Red lips check out my previous post.




All the ideas I have given can be used for very dramatic makeup or very subtle.

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS.

1 comment: